ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Imported .mov assets not showing up and giving me error messages

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Jrakman
Imported .mov assets not showing up and giving me error messages
on Jun 22, 2015 at 8:22:23 pm

Hello,
I am working a a PC with Adobe CC 2015, Windows 8.

I just worked on this file the other day, and was fine, but for some reason these particular 4 .mov files are now giving me that message. This seemed to happen right around the same time that I updated to CC 2015
These 4 .mov files are in the same folder, with no other files in it. No other .mov files have been affected in this way.

So I'm opening up an AE file from an old project, and I am getting the following error message on 4 .mov files when it opens:

After Effects error: file 'background.mov' cannot be imported - this '.mov' file is damaged or unsupported.

So I made sure that the path to the imported assets were correct, and they are.

But when I attempt to play the .mov files with quicktime, I get the following message:

Error -2000: a necessary data reference could bot be resolved ()

I uninstalled Quicktime, and installed an older version, and the .mov files opened up just fine, but would still not show up in AE. So I installed the latest version of Quicktime again, and the .mov files played in Quicktime fine, but the AE files still don't connect.

I've tried right click on the asset to try to replace the footage, but replace isn't "lit up" so I can't choose it. When I try to import it from scratch, it gives me the same error message about being unsupported or damaged.

However, I had someone else connected to the same network play the files on their own Mac and they play just fine for her.

I'v also imported a different .mov that I just rendered a few days ago, and it imports just fine.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Any help any can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jaeson Jrakman
Re: Imported .mov assets not showing up and giving me error messages
on Jun 22, 2015 at 10:14:26 pm

I just tried installing the previous version of After Effects, and I'm getting the same results.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Jrakman
on Jun 22, 2015 at 11:19:35 pm

In fact I've installed AE versions going back to CS6, and am still getting the same error messages.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Jrakman
on Jun 23, 2015 at 6:22:57 pm

Well, I saved the file as CC (12), and opened it up with CC and am still getting the same error messages.

Looks like I'll have to contact Adobe technical support.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Jrakman
on Jun 23, 2015 at 7:10:17 pm

The .mov files were on our network, and turns out, that the network was blocking their importation.

Adobe tech support had me move the files to my desktop, and they imported just fine.

Not sure why the network is blocking them yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]