ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Cool Text Morphing Tutorial

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan HetheringtonCool Text Morphing Tutorial
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 8:07:26 pm

Hello, I am looking for a neat text morphing tutorial. I want to make 2 names more into a entirely different name. I imagine this is done by converting text to masks and then manipulating the paths into the text path I want in the end.

So basically I want the text to ramp in, collide, bounce two-or-three times, then morph. I can handle the rest, just the morphing part!

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: Cool Text Morphing Tutorial
by on Jun 23, 2015 at 9:32:12 pm

one way to do it is to make your text in Illustrator making each name a separate layer, then bring in the vector file to AE. Bring it into your comp, right click, and make shape layers from vector layer. Then create keyframes on the paths of each shape layer created, and copy and paste keyframes of the ending letters into the starting ones. Then keyframe your position easy, copy and paste that on each shape layer, staggering it.

Its not quick, but you can get there this way.

If you make each layer its own layer in the Illustrator file, you can then copy the position keyframes and paste it over each layer, then use the layer sequencer to stagger the layers. If I'm not clear I can maybe come up with a quick example or something.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

Dan HetheringtonRe: Cool Text Morphing Tutorial
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 1:06:25 am
Last Edited By Dan Hetherington on Jun 26, 2015 at 1:07:21 am

Thank you Derek for taking the time to answer. Seems pretty logical - "copy and paste keyframes of the ending letters into the starting ones" . I was thinking making them all a mask layer, but shape layer would make more sense. That would eliminate the problem when they don't have the same exact amount of masks.

Return to posts index

Edward VosperRe: Cool Text Morphing Tutorial
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 9:05:15 am

This Tutorial might be of use to you.

Also check out this one too.

Hope it is some use to you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved