ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Quicktime export changes frame rate

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris ThomasQuicktime export changes frame rate
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 5:22:59 pm

I've made an animation in After Effects (no video; all animation) in a comp that's 29.97fps. Even if I force the frame rate to 29.97 in the render queue, the final animation opens as 30fps in Quicktime.

And to confound me even further, if I export an Animation codec of the same video from Quicktime (again, forcing 29.97), it exports a QT with a frame rate of 26.60! Any idea what's going on?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Quicktime export changes frame rate
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 5:14:46 am

Do not use QT Player as a production tool. Use a professional tool to ascertain the correct meta data for your movies.

- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Adam VideoEditorRe: Quicktime export changes frame rate
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 6:00:59 pm

Sometimes After Effects can be a little funny with quicktime. I would suggest updating quicktime player if you haven't, and if the problem persists try downgrading. Find an older version below are two links. If the problem is still there then try reinstalling after effects and if nothing works just export to a different format. An mp4 is more universal than an mov and it also works with quicktime.

If any of this was helpful please follow me on twitter @ADVideoEditor and subscribe to my Youtube channel AD.VideoEditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved