ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS6 - Trapcode Form - Sizing issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cayman SantoroAE CS6 - Trapcode Form - Sizing issues
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 8:09:54 am

Hello all.

I'm currently trying to follow a "Text to Dust" Trapcode Form tutorial:

. I currently followed the tutorial to the 4:00 mark. I have a logo in there that's in the center of my composition. and on my solid layer, I have Trapcode Form applied.

When I try plugging in "size X" it to the settings of my comp [DVCPRO HD 1080, 1280x1080, 29.97 frame rate, Pixel Aspect Ration DVC HD 1080 (1.5)] it doesn't cover the entire composition (I've triple checked it's supposed to be 1280 so i usually have to resize it to make it cover the entire comp, which I guess goes up to 1930. This issue doesnt occur with the size Y).

So I continue on, and then I try to change the Color and Alpha from RGB to RGBA, then also set the layer to my logo, however it's supposed to be the same size as my logo but it shows up wayyyyy larger (the size of my entire comp).

Do you know how I can fix this? I tried adjusting the settings of the size to my normal comp but it just refuses to align with my original logo.

I appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE CS6 - Trapcode Form - Sizing issues
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 4:51:15 pm

Try working in a 1920x1080 square pixels comp and see if it behaves itself.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on Jun 21, 2015 at 10:04:37 pm.

Adam VideoEditorRe: AE CS6 - Trapcode Form - Sizing issues
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 7:31:33 pm

The problem is that in the composition settings, the pixel aspect ratio is set to 1.5. This is what messes up trapcode form as it runs assuming that the pixel aspect ratio is 1. The fix for this is simple: Go to composition settings, click on pixel aspect ratio, and change it from DVCPRO HD 1080 (1.5) to Square Pixels.

Please follow me on Twitter @ADVideoEditor and subscribe to my youtube channel Ad.VideoEditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved