ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bentley OusleyAE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 3:30:38 am

Anyone else seeing this? When I slide a keyframe in the timeline (for a third-party plugin called "Fulldome"), a series of dialog boxes pop-up (I'm guessing one dialog box per frame slid) and the composition goes black. I have to click 'OK' on all the dialog boxes, click lock then click unlock on the layer in order to make the composition visible again. The dialog box has the text: "After Effects warning: A plugin is attempting to do an invalid operation: modifying a locked project".

I don't recall ever having seen this before. Help! I developing carpal tunnel clicking on all the dialog boxes.

Return to posts index

Jakob HaukeRe: AE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 8:43:39 am

I just ran into the same problem with Element 3D V2. It would always give me the exact same error message when I opened a new comp or a pre-comp.
I was able to fix it by updating E3D to the newest version, so this could just be an error occuring for not up-to-date plug-ins, I'm not sure though.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 4:37:09 pm

All plugins need to be updated to work in CC 2015.
AE CC 2015 is as big of an update to the underlying code as the move to 64-bit in CS5 was - if not bigger!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gregory StapletonRe: AE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 5:53:14 pm

I actually found this article (http://www.redgiant.com/support/faq/product-specific/trapcode-particular/185/).

Apparently this is common with big upgrades. I was getting the same amount of message windows. I used the "t2_" as the article indicated and that knocked it down to one window to click through titled "Trapcode Particular had no sequence data. Using defaults". Hopefully there is a Red Giant update to remove these messages.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 6:21:40 pm

Red Giant released an update very recently that should make it work with CC 2015. If you're still experiencing issues, I'm sure Red Giant would like you to report them.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bruce CamRe: AE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 10:19:58 am

Hi Bentley...

Did you ever find a solution to this?

We are having the same issue with the Fulldome plugin. We recently updated to AE 2015, (and got the Fulldome update for 2015 compatibility) and cant open any of our projects in 2015 without the same error message you mentioned. If we create a simple project with a solid and fulldome thrown on it in 2014 it works in 2015 but our old projects with dome setups are just not working.

This is preventing us migrating to 2015

Return to posts index

Bentley OusleyRe: AE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 3:50:00 pm

At the time, I contacted Antonio Pedrosa from Multimeios and he indicated they were aware of the problem and it would require an update to the Fulldome Software. I rolled back to an earlier version of AE in order to finish the project.

Are you saying that you have a version of the software designed to work with the AE update? I would contact Antonio and engage his support. I'm very interested to see this problem resolved. Please let me know if you get it working. Thanks!

The PBS program "SciTech Now" recently aired a feature about my immersive film "Once and Future Cites: A Fractal Journey":

http://scitechnow.org/videos/scitech-now-episode-215/#

Trailer:

Return to posts index

Bruce CamRe: AE 2015 cc Warning: modifying a locked project
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 5:47:55 pm

HI,

Yeah i have been in touch with him regarding the problem, he did send us the update for 2015 but still no dice. Think he is looking into it....Will let you know.

Loving the Fractal Cities!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]