ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exported video is physically slowed down.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xander Hugh
Exported video is physically slowed down.
on Jun 19, 2015 at 12:52:37 am

Hi
I'm running into an issue on a project file.
Everything looks and sounds great in ram render, as soon as I render the project out to H264 the resulting video is slowed down and temporally stretched.

I'm not sure what's causing it. I have imported video at 24fps, the comp is 24fps, added in a jpeg image sequence. Ram render is great, looks and sounds as it should.
The resulting exported video is then longer than it should be with all visuals and sound slowed. I'm playing the exported video in media player classic.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Exported video is physically slowed down.
on Jun 19, 2015 at 1:06:31 pm

What are your export settings? Have you tried a different media player?

Return to posts index

Xander Hugh
on Jun 19, 2015 at 2:45:37 pm

export settings usually H.264 at aprox 20mbps as with all of my content.
Using different settings don't seem to make any difference, even with lossless AVI the result is the same.
Yes I've used other media players (wmp, media player classic) even copied to my HTC One M8 to see if there's any difference.
Uploading it to YouTube results in the same slowed down video.
The only thing I am doing differently with this comp is changing the frame rate from 30 to 24. All 3 comps in the project are set accordingly, video and jpeg sequences are interpolated for 24.

It's a complete mystery to me.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Jun 19, 2015 at 3:28:49 pm

It seems like changing the frame rate could be the issue. Your initial post described everything at 24fps, so I'm curious where the 30fps comp plays in to this. Could you give a few more details on your project? If you have a 30fps clip that you are interpreting as 24fps, it is going to be a little slower.

Return to posts index

Xander Hugh
on Jun 19, 2015 at 3:58:37 pm

30fps is my usual comp setting I use for client work, however in this project because I am working with 24fps imported footage I have changed my comp settings accordingly and ensuring it matches the imported video. I've double checked interpolation too. Same problem.
Even if I dump the footage into a brand new comp and let AE decide on the comp settings for me, and then directly export the video the issue is still there.

My instinctual reaction wash to first see if changing the comp back up to 30 would make any difference, but it does not. I've alternated the same with interpolation too, same result. I've tried all of these on different output formats (even lossless .avi), same result.

As mentioned before everything is fine in ram preview, there should theoretically be no difference between ram and exported in this manner. I don't see what the problem is. The only option open to me here is putting the comp into another comp and time remap it, but that's an ugly and inaccurate solution to a problem I shouldn't be having.

Return to posts index

Xander Hugh
on Jun 22, 2015 at 2:20:57 am

Still stuck with this, what a pain! I dislike it when a plan does not come together.

Return to posts index

Peter Diefenthaler
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:42:09 am

Make sure that your RAM Preview frame rate is also set to 24fps or auto. If this is mismatched to your comp frame rate, it will make the preview playback faster or slower than what you desire (in your case faster if it is accidentally set to 30fps). That's all I can think of!

Peter Diefenthaler
http://www.ideafirecreative.com/

Return to posts index

Xander Hugh
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:59:41 am

SOLVED!

There's a clever chap! Thank you kind sir! Another setting I've completely glossed over these past 3 years!

Return to posts index

Peter Diefenthaler
on Jun 25, 2015 at 4:10:36 am

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

Peter Diefenthaler
http://www.ideafirecreative.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]