ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC 2015 Comp Viewer goes black when using Hand Tool

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
CC 2015 Comp Viewer goes black when using Hand Tool
on Jun 17, 2015 at 7:01:56 pm

Loving the new update, but something I'm noticing I'm my machine at least already is that when I'm zoomed up in a Comp Viewer, and then use Middle Mouse (or spacebar) to drag around with the Hand Tool, the viewer goes black and doesn't come back.

The only way I can bring it back to zoom in and out and pan around and wake it back up.

Anyone else noticing this?

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
Re: CC 2015 Comp Viewer goes black when using Hand Tool
on Jun 17, 2015 at 7:07:24 pm

It's proving to slow me down quite a bit though, because rather than being able to pan around a comp viewer, I have to zoom it to get back where I want to be, which causes it to have to re-cache. Which takes a few seconds on this 6K Red comp...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:42:08 pm

I don't think I've seen this issue yet.
File a bug report [link] There is a bug-fix update scheduled for July and they are fixing a number of preview issues. This issue sounds like it should be one of them.

(Unless somebody else comes along with a simple answer.)

Does it do it while the preview is running? If you haven't tried that yet, give it a go.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:55:51 pm

Yeah I sent in a bug report first. Just posted here in case anyone else is having the issue. Obviously the Update is fresh out the oven.

I went back and forth with chat support and he had me do an uninstall and fresh re-install and that seems to have fixed the issue for now. I've only been testing for about 15 minutes. In case anyone else experiences this.

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Jun 17, 2015 at 10:20:10 pm

Unfortunately I spoke to soon.

The behavior has returned. Must be a bug.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]