ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Rendering For Youtube Videos

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James HearnAfter Effects Rendering For Youtube Videos
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 4:17:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I have just recently started a youtube channel and have been working on an intro/visuals for my channel videos, however I am stuck with the rendering settings. Being a complete "noob" at after effects I have been rendering with the default settings using AVI and while I do appreciate the quality, obviously the filesizes are ridiculous for uploading to youtube.

I have seen a lot of posts about render settings and what is 'best' to use, H264 and FLV seem to be the ones everyone mentions, however in my After Effects 2014.2 (13.2) version I see no option for these codec's...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why these codec's are missing from my list to choose from (I can post a screenshot of the list if necessary) and maybe even advise me on render settings, with specific for youtube.

Thanks In Advance,

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects Rendering For Youtube Videos
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 4:46:05 pm

Use Adobe Media Encoder to prepare files for YouTube. It even has YouTube presets.

If you want to, you can even use AME to render your Ae projects directly. You can drag and drop a comp from Ae into the AME queue.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

James HearnRe: After Effects Rendering For Youtube Videos
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:14:24 am

Thanks for that ^^ completely missed the option to "Add to AME Queue". First video tested was a success!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved