ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Imported jpegs and PSD's all looked washed out or dull compared to the originals

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Chaulk
Imported jpegs and PSD's all looked washed out or dull compared to the originals
on Jun 12, 2015 at 5:29:25 pm

In the Comp preview window all my jpegs, psds etc. look washed out. I've never noticed this happening before with other work I've done but I usually just work with video footage in after effects. In This scenario I'm importing a design I've made in Photoshop and I immediately noticed that all the colours seam really dull compared to the original image.

My Project is due today and I didn't expect to run into this issue! Please any advice would be appropriated!

I have After Effects CC and a win7 machine.

AE Image:
8924_aeimage.jpg.zip
Original Image:
8925_summerschedule2015.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Imported jpegs and PSD's all looked washed out or dull compared to the originals
on Jun 12, 2015 at 5:59:26 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 12, 2015 at 6:00:22 pm

In cases like this, I set my project color settings working space to NONE. It hasn't failed me yet. There's nothing in the project that needs fancy color settings.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joshua Chaulk
Re: Imported jpegs and PSD's all looked washed out or dull compared to the originals
on Jun 12, 2015 at 6:33:49 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately my color space is already at "none". Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Jun 12, 2015 at 6:59:50 pm

In that case select a working space so that you can interpret your JPEG/PSD properly. It sounds like they have embedded color profiles. When you're not using a working space AE will ignore the embedded color profiles.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]