ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Play Around With Color Sheme in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muhammad Uqbah Ahmad Termizi
Play Around With Color Sheme in AE
on Jun 4, 2015 at 4:58:00 am

8896_playwithcolorscheme.aep.zip

can anyone help me, putting all those stuff in 1 null layer. So, i can control it, in one layer instead separate layer.

Return to posts index

Jordan Quackenbush
Re: Play Around With Color Sheme in AE
on Jun 5, 2015 at 8:27:18 pm

I've got a newer version of AE, so I can't post the work for your use and will just explain it here. I'm pulling a bit from the wonderful Dan Ebberts. The post I referenced for the below instructions is here.

Create a Null, name it CONTROL PANEL (or whatever you like, but that'll work right off with the later expression)
Add a Checkbox Control effect to it (Effect -> Expression Controls)
Add this expression to the Opacity of one of the layers, e.g., the "Variations" layer:
cb = thisComp.layer("CONTROL PANEL").effect("Checkbox Control")("Checkbox");
if (cb.value) 100 else 0;

Put all your various adjustment layers in the main comp (or leave them where they are) and just change the code to reference the main control. This is your formulaic expression that should be put in the Opacity of each of those layers:
cb = comp("MAIN COMP NAME HERE").layer("WHATEVER YOU NAME YOUR NULL WITH THE EFFECTS").effect("EACH LAYER GETS ITS OWN CHECKBOX")("Checkbox");
if (cb.value) 100 else 0;

Hopefully that makes some sense!

Jordan Q
If I'm posting a question, it means I've Googled it for far too long and couldn't find a solution/answer.

Return to posts index

Muhammad Uqbah Ahmad Termizi
Re: Play Around With Color Sheme in AE
on Jun 7, 2015 at 5:20:48 am

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]