ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

X-Ray effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul FishermanX-Ray effect?
by on May 31, 2015 at 12:03:47 am

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you have played mortal kombat before, but if you have, you know those awesome xray attacks they have? I was wondering of there was any way of recreating that in after effects or something for one of my mortal kombat parody videos. If there is, don't say 'yes', show me a video or soemthing. Thanks again guys!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: X-Ray effect?
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 12:55:20 am

It would be helpful if you provided a link/video of the effect in question for those of us who haven't played mortal kombat.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Paul FishermanRe: X-Ray effect?
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 5:45:34 pm

Hey, thanks for posting. Here's a link to what I would like to recreate in After Effects.

Just to let you know, you might want to watch it for at least 5 mins before you get a good idead as to how create the effect.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: X-Ray effect?
by on Jun 3, 2015 at 9:17:18 pm

Get an image of a skeleton/x-ray from your favorite stock source. Then use Duik rig, the puppet tools, or whatever your favorite method of character animation is, to make its motion match your actor's action. Then use blend modes, etc. to reveal the skeleton over the bodies.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved