ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

strange render issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve Moorestrange render issue
by on May 30, 2015 at 3:17:23 pm

Hi, so I'm doing an animation where one comp is playing within the t.v. of a second comp. I then use a virtual camera to zoom into the animation playing on the tv. It looks fine on screen until i render-then i get a strange discoloured effect for a second as the camera zoom- any ideas what this is and how i stop it?!

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: strange render issue
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 2:37:26 pm

Could you describe the issue more precisely or post a screen shot of what is discolored? Could it be you have motion blur turned on?

Return to posts index

Brent TaylorRe: strange render issue
by on Jun 2, 2015 at 2:19:19 am

I think Daniel could be right. Try it without the Motion Blur if you have it on.

Here is another hunch: Do you have 2D layers both above and below 3D layers? Sometimes this not only causes weird things to happen, but also, things may render differently than they appear in the preview. Sometimes this applies to comps within comps also. See this thread:

Still another possibility: Are you using the Collapse Transformations option? Sometimes when you have it on / off it can cause unexpected things when you're dealing with cameras within cameras (or non-camera layers within camera layers), etc.

I'm still learning the nuances of all these myself but often when I have odd glitches things like this are involved and messing with them can help.

Return to posts index

steve MooreRe: strange render issue
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 7:40:05 am

Sorry for delayed response. Found a way around by rendering the comp and them using the .mov file within the tv instead of using the comp-a slightly longer way of doing it but hey it works and the client is happy! strange glitch though?! Thanks for your replies both,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved