ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ray-traced Effects not Outputting in Final Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan QuigleyRay-traced Effects not Outputting in Final Render
by on May 29, 2015 at 1:57:10 pm

I have a composition with the Ray-traced renderer turned on however when I did the final render, my text extrusion did not come out. Not only that but the drop shadow on my "the Journey" layer does not look the same in my comp as it does in the final output. What's going on here? Pictures below.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Ray-traced Effects not Outputting in Final Render
by on May 29, 2015 at 5:52:27 pm

What version of After Effects?

How, exactly, are you rendering to output?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dan QuigleyRe: Ray-traced Effects not Outputting in Final Render
by on May 29, 2015 at 6:26:34 pm

After Effects 13.2

I used Media Encoder to render it in that exampler. Trying to render in After Effects to prores now.

Return to posts index

by on May 29, 2015 at 6:28:03 pm

This failure when going through AME is a known bug, which we've fixed in the version that we're releasing within a few weeks.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Mark JohnsonRe: Ray-traced Effects not Outputting in Final Render
by on Jul 4, 2015 at 9:31:04 pm

What ever became of this? I'm still not seeing extrusion or motion blur when rendering through AME.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 7, 2015 at 9:26:54 pm

What version?

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Mark JohnsonRe: Ray-traced Effects not Outputting in Final Render
by on Jul 7, 2015 at 9:43:42 pm

I'm using AE CC2015 and rendering through AME CC2015. I'm getting the motion blur now (my stupid mistake) but still not the extrusion. I do get extrusion if I render through AE's internal render engine but that is painfully slow.

I'm running a late 2014 27" iMac with 32 gigs of RAM and a AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB graphics card. I don't see anybody else complaining about this but idon't think it's the machine. Maybe most others are using PCs or using the internal render engine.

Thanks for responding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]