ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

cc radial blur issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sara Morini
cc radial blur issue
on May 28, 2015 at 9:06:33 pm

Hello, i have an issue when i apply to a layer the cc radial blur effect, there is a square created where the edge of the effect ends. so basically the radial is cut in a rectangular shape. t Do you know how fix it? i read to download a plugin (grow bound) but i can't find it anywhere...do you think you can help me somehow? thaaaank you ;)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: cc radial blur issue
on May 28, 2015 at 10:22:16 pm

Grow Bounds comes with AE. Just search for it.

If it doesn't work out, precomp the layer that needs the blur, change the comp dimensions to make it really big and apply it to the precomp.

Either way ought to work.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sara Morini
on May 28, 2015 at 11:50:00 pm

Thank you for your response. I found the Grow Bounds effect and i also follow a video tutorial but doens't work.

Otherwise, my blur layer is already precomp and if I make it really big deoesn't give the effect i want. I can't make it large as the whole background. It's jsut doens't look right.
I am following a video tutorial to make this project and on the tutorial doesn't have this problem. any other way to solve it? If I give you the file can you please check?
Thank u

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 28, 2015 at 11:55:27 pm

If you're looking at AE tutorials from some high school kid on youtube, I'm not surprised you're having trouble. Some of those geniuses would have trouble finding their posteriors in the dark using both hands... in AE terms.

Do yourself a favor: get your AE knowledge from the pros:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff....

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Sara Morini
on May 29, 2015 at 12:02:43 am

ahahah ok but the tutorial is on videocopilot. I thought was a good website :)

Thank you for the link of the website, really help! but now i started this project and I would like to finish it, I am really close. so there are not other ways to solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 29, 2015 at 4:16:21 pm

Video Copilot is good. Andrew Kramer knows his s**t. He made the credits for the re-boot of the Star Trek movies with Chris Pine as Kirk. Hollywood stuff.

I bet it comes down to either a different AE version than yours, or plain old operator error--yours. Go over that tutorial again and see what you missed.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]