ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can someone tell me this music video effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
Can someone tell me this music video effect?
on May 28, 2015 at 7:00:17 pm

I would like to know how to replicate these effects in this video where the girl is showing up and projections appear playing on top of her while still being able to see her.

I know that it might actually be an actual projector, but can I replicate that with a green screen?

I would also like to know how to replicate the time lapsed projections of clouds and smoke on top of him NOT the thermal vision effect on this video.

Thanks a lot.

Singing is more than art, it`s work.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Can someone tell me this music video effect?
on May 28, 2015 at 8:14:57 pm

First video is done practically. You could try creating a displacement map using one of the color channels of the girl layer. Place the "projection video" on a new layer, then use a distort > displacement layer effect and a transfer mode to simulate that look. Really depends on how good of displacement layer you create.

Here's a simple tutorial on displacement maps

In the second video, he's shot over something that is easy to key. From there the keyed layer is placed on top of the stack, the clouds on the bottom, and then another version of him on the bottom. The clouds track matte is then set to "alpha matte" or "luma matte" then either a transfer mode is used or the opacity of the layer is adjusted to restore some of the singers details(probably both were used).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
Re: Can someone tell me this music video effect?
on May 28, 2015 at 9:50:37 pm

Thanks a lot. That answered all my questions. Will try to do it and see what I can achieve with my footage.

Singing is more than art, it`s work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]