ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to keep a certain area of the composition centered in the Composition Panel when zooming?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bentley OusleyHow to keep a certain area of the composition centered in the Composition Panel when zooming?
by on May 28, 2015 at 5:27:21 pm

I have a composition that is 4096 x 4096. I want to view certain areas at 100%. After I zoom to 100%, I can't figure out how to change the Composition Panel view to show the area in which I am interested. There are no thumbs on the panel (like Photo Shop) and I can't see how this is done. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bentley OusleyRe: How to keep a certain area of the composition centered in the Composition Panel when zooming?
by on May 28, 2015 at 5:45:20 pm

Found it! > Hand Tool.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How to keep a certain area of the composition centered in the Composition Panel when zooming?
by on May 28, 2015 at 8:18:49 pm

If you press/hold down the space bar, it will switch to the hand tool.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Bentley OusleyRe: How to keep a certain area of the composition centered in the Composition Panel when zooming?
by on May 28, 2015 at 9:25:15 pm

Great tip, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]