ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time Remapping and Twixtor Problem.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian ChircuTime Remapping and Twixtor Problem.
by on May 27, 2015 at 4:43:36 pm

First of all, hello! My name is Adrian Chircu, I`m 19 years old and this is my first post.

I thought I could learn everything I needed from YouTube alone, but it seems sometimes I can`t. That`s why I`m asking for help here from professionals.

I`ve got a problem in After Effects with RE:vision plugin Twixtor and Time Remapping. I`m creating a music video and I need to slow down just a little bit 30 fps shots. The slow motion is perfect BUT, when I split a shot and apply the time remapping the video shows another part of the shot, not the one I cut.

So let`s say I split the video to the part when I lift a box in the end of the video and I want to slow it down a bit. When I apply Time Remapping the part I just cut shows me walking which happens in the start of the video.

I need to know how to make it stay where I cut it. I guess it has something to do with the keyframe Time Remapping applies to the shot but I don`t know what to do with it.

Singing is more than art, it`s work.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Time Remapping and Twixtor Problem.
by on May 27, 2015 at 7:52:32 pm

Don't try to do both at once. I would first do a prerender with Twixtor (use a good codec like Quicktime's Photo JPEG or PNG) and reimport the clip.
Then time remap the reimported clip. No problems.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adrian ChircuRe: Time Remapping and Twixtor Problem.
by on May 28, 2015 at 9:25:54 am

Uhmm. I`m not sure I understand. On their website they had a tutorial where they did Time Remapping and then Twixtor all at the same time. Is there any other option to do them all at the same time?

Also, can anyone tell me how this video effect was created?

I read somewhere here on this forum that it was achieved with the thermal vision effect but that`s not the case. I can see smoke and clouds time lapsed playing on him. I would like to know how he achieved that. I guess they used some kind of blending mode or something and added a lot of color correction to the time lapsed footage. But I don`t know for sure.

I would be so grateful if someone could tell me how he did it and how to fix the twixtor thing without having to pre render my scenes.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Time Remapping and Twixtor Problem.
by on May 28, 2015 at 4:49:35 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 28, 2015 at 4:51:19 pm

Any time you're working with highly compressed footage (H.264, mp4, any kind of mpeg, avchd) you take chances when manipulating anything in time. Such footage compresses video across time, and AE will frequently go over the edge if you mess with time on it.

If you want to do it all at once, transcode such footage that does NOT compress across time before you import it into AE. I vote for Quicktime movies in the Animation, Photo JPEG or PNG codecs.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on May 28, 2015 at 5:05:08 pm

Got it. Thanks a lot! Anything about the Beware music video effect? Still trying to figure out how to do it. I`m not interested in the Thermal vision effect, but in the effect where he has clouds and other footage time lapsed playing on him and colored corrected.

I want to achieve that. I shot my videos in front of a green screen so I know this is possible, I just don`t know how to do it exactly.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Time Remapping and Twixtor Problem.
by on May 29, 2015 at 2:23:38 am

you have to precomp your footage, then apply twixtor to the precomp or you'll get glitches.

Return to posts index

by on May 29, 2015 at 1:26:28 pm

Well it`s a music video so I got A LOT of scenes going on. Some need slow motion, some don`t. So you`re saying I should pre compose all the layers where I want to slow the time and only after that apply twixtor?

But if i do that and then apply twixtor and stretch the video, won`t my shots change again? I mean if i split a shot and pre compose it after that will it move? or it will slow motion just that shot i split from the original one without going back in time in that original shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]