ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Arri Log-C workflow for screen composites

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin BowserArri Log-C workflow for screen composites
by on May 26, 2015 at 8:09:10 pm

I've picked up a project that was shot in Arri Log-C, but the comps were put together not with a proper color space workflow, but by setting curves by eye so that the comps look okay. Now that we're going off to a proper grade, the project has to be brought into an accurate Log-C color space so that colorist can grade it along with the rest of the footage.

I've gotten rid of all the temp color adjustments and have downloaded the LogC to Rec709 LUT for After Effects from the Arri Site here --

And have also downloaded the opposite, the Video to LogC LUT to apply to the screen graphics.

The issue I'm running into is, the colors of our screen graphics are specific branding colors that have a specific Pantone value that we have to hit, and when viewing the composites through the LUT's, the color's are different than their Non-Affected True Color counterparts.

What would be the workflow for working with Log-C, when you have Graphic Elements that must end up being a specific color?

Here is Arri has on their site --

How do view my Log C files in After Effects?
To view Log C footage correctly inside Adobe After Effects, generate a Log C to Video photometric LUT using ARRI's online LUT Generator and use an "Apply Color LUT" effect inside AfterEffects. This only works, when your project is not set to "Linearize Working Space".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved