ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need some workflow clues b/w AE and C4D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed IqbalNeed some workflow clues b/w AE and C4D
by on May 26, 2015 at 3:00:00 pm
Last Edited By Syed Iqbal on May 26, 2015 at 3:02:30 pm

Dear community
I got an inspiration from the attached image that is just a frame from of a motion graphic work done by someone else.

Can you just help me by giving some clues as to how can we get similar effect. I am not referring to detailed explanation, instead I just want some tips in broader sense, like this:

a) numbers were probably extrusion in C4d or motext with desired depth
b) perhaps several instances of above with diffrent shades of red
c) In AE a C4d layer with lighting and other effects added

I mean something like this but I know my judgment can be wrong or missing few other important steps, so please help if you can.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Need some workflow clues b/w AE and C4D
by on May 26, 2015 at 6:12:37 pm

If you're going for a still frame, I would add every bit of lines, red squares and text in AE while compositing.

If it has motion and the text/red squares bend as they glide the letter's side, you'll have to add them in c4d as textures. (the red squares bending seem to be rendered in c4d as they are being reflected on the surface of the letter).

As for the geometry I see 5-6 different extrusions and one cut out reflective plane. Everything has soft round edges. 2 base materials, one black reflective. One glassy. Another material for the glowing ring rim (added with post) I don't see different shades of red anywhere.

seems to be lit from the top/back/left with a single light.

For the compositing, The white color bleed on the left and the red color bleed on the right seem to be added in post, since they removed the overall contrast of the image.

Return to posts index

Syed IqbalRe: Need some workflow clues b/w AE and C4D
by on May 26, 2015 at 8:24:35 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved