ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

2d character animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bishoy Yousef2d character animation
by on May 25, 2015 at 1:47:32 pm

I am using after effects with duik plugin to animate 2d characters but I don't know how to rotate the character as 3d character for example I can't rotate head to say no
Can you help me .
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: 2d character animation
by on May 25, 2015 at 2:05:02 pm

if you're having trouble applying transformation because of the expressions duik creates. Pre-compose the head layer and do those transformations inside it.

Return to posts index

Bishoy YousefRe: 2d character animation
by on May 25, 2015 at 6:37:03 pm

no you don't under stand what i actually mean , when we use adobe flash we can rotate 2d characters like 3d (for example the character can turn around) i can't do this in after effects how can i do it

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2015 at 7:25:03 pm

The problem is you don't even know the basics to ask the question. Whats does the DUIK script has to do with anything if you just don't know how to rotate something in 3d? Just make the layer 3d and rotate its Y axis (check AE's online help). Or set the X scale from 100 to -100, if its just a 2d turn. I don't know flash, so maybe you have something automatic there that you're searching for. But as far as AE go, thats 2 ways to do it.

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2015 at 7:35:02 pm

i know exactly what you are talking about but you should see this video to know my question

look at bird in the start of video how it moves its head

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2015 at 7:49:44 pm

Thats a combination of masking and position. Theres no 3d rotation there. You'll need to duplicate the head layer and set it as the eye's matte. As for the beak and the head feather you'll have to animate its position and change its shape(pre-composing) as needed for the rotation to look right.

Theres no automatic way. One can rig that to get quicker with the animation. but thats not so simple to go step by step here.

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2015 at 7:58:20 pm

Thanks for helping

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]