ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

My compositions are haunted by a red solid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim BentleyMy compositions are haunted by a red solid
by on May 23, 2015 at 10:05:51 am
Last Edited By Tim Bentley on May 24, 2015 at 1:06:03 am

Hi all

I have a really strange issue, a small rectangular solid has been appearing intermittently in my compositions.

It is always in the same place and although it mainly appears when a comp is empty, it has cropped up a couple of times in the middle of a working composition.

I'm totally mystified, the above screenshot is from a COMPLETELY empty composition, no shy layers, nothing. Honest:

It did first appear around the same time that I had to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to creative cloud (I moved country, no other way to do it) but I can't see how they could be related.
I've been using AE for ages and I've never seen this before, it's more confusing than anything else - I managed to get rid of it in the first example by switching off the visibility of an audio pre-comp (?!), but I would love to hear from anyone who's had the same issue. It disappears at certain display zooms (100% usually, never 'fit display' though) but always appears in the final render.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim BentleyRe: My compositions are haunted by a red solid
by on May 23, 2015 at 10:19:07 am

Actually, thinking about it, the audio pre-comp is completely empty (apart from audio tracks) so the solid only seems to appear in empty compositions.
That being the case I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'm still very curious as to where it came from.

http://timbentley.info

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: My compositions are haunted by a red solid
by on May 23, 2015 at 3:34:58 pm

It's a bug in the cache system. You can flush the cache to clear it up (Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache). But, as you suggest, this shouldn't really be necessary since this bug just affects empty compositions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tim BentleyRe: My compositions are haunted by a red solid
by on May 23, 2015 at 3:43:43 pm

Oh, thanks - mystery solved!

http://timbentley.info

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]