ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how to render out to proress 4444 and othe proress in After effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Quintanahow to render out to proress 4444 and othe proress in After effects
by on May 22, 2015 at 3:23:41 pm
Last Edited By Ali Quintana on May 22, 2015 at 3:40:18 pm

Hello,

I like to know how to render out to proress 4444 and othe proress in After effects.

I am on windows 7.

I understand that this is one of the highest qualities.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: how to render out to proress 4444 and othe proress in After effects
by on May 22, 2015 at 4:42:53 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 22, 2015 at 5:51:13 pm

You've got the wrong kind of computer. The ProRes family of codecs are Apple products, and Apple doesn't make the proper codecs for Windows. You'll have to buy an extra piece of third-party software to encode to ProRes 4444 and Prores 422.

On the other hand, Avid's DNxHD family of codecs are a free download, and they're just as good as ProRes. They're also available for both Mac and Win.

Obviously, all this talk of codecs may be irrelevant since your delivery specifications determine the codec you ultimately use.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ali QuintanaRe: how to render out to proress 4444 and othe proress in After effects
by on May 22, 2015 at 6:13:57 pm

well, I need to render from AE, to send to some one to do a Morphing so the highest quality would be best.

It is not for final delivery, just to continue post after which I will receive it back. to do the final rendr.

So to continue post production, for morphing, what would be a good codec to render from AE>\?? some one suggested TIFF

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: how to render out to proress 4444 and othe proress in After effects
by on May 22, 2015 at 6:20:41 pm

You're sending the completed work to someone. What does that someone require you to send?

Based on the little I know, I'd send quicktime movies in the PNG codec. Every computer on the planet with Quicktime version 4 or higher can read it. They're lossless. They're not uncompressed, but they are lossless. Their file sizes will still be large, even though they're not uncompressed.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Ali QuintanaRe: how to render out to proress 4444 and othe proress in After effects
by on May 22, 2015 at 10:53:11 pm

Yes sir, the completed work, colro corrected as well.

they requested prores 4444, which is why I was looking for this in AE.

now they say Tiff sequence 16 bits would also be fine... but I dont know.

Just want the higest quality.

what is the special thing about prores 4444, is it the color space??

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2015 at 4:07:15 pm

ProRes 4444 is a very good codec, virtually lossless, it supports alpha channels AND it does it in a comparatively small file size.

But NO Windows machine can encode to ProRes 4444 without the proper codecs, and you need to buy them.

16 bit Tiffs wouldn't work because they don't support alpha channels.

It appear you will be looking around for a third-part codec package that encodes to ProRes 4444.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2015 at 5:56:28 pm

Indeed, I will buy the codec then,

I am looking on the web, any recommendation for a trustworthy site to buy the proress 4444 for windows from?

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2015 at 5:57:15 pm

by the way, so if no alpha needed, Tiff would do just fine then, in 16 bits of course

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2015 at 6:28:48 pm

That is correct.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]