ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotoscoping Real Time Character into a Time Lapse

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin HamiltonRotoscoping Real Time Character into a Time Lapse
by on May 20, 2015 at 6:53:19 am

I am trying to rotoscope a character from one shot into another. They are both the same shot, except for one thing. First I had him sit on a bench and got a good take. Second, I didn't move the camera and time lapsed from there, without the actor in the shot. (No way he would have sat on the bench for 5 hours) At first I thought it would be a simple mask, but things got complicated. The edges of his clothes sometimes fade from one frame to the next, and I can't for the life of me find a tutorial on rotoscoping loose strands of hair. His hair changes by very small amounts every frame, whether it be a tiny bit of color, or certain ends go missing.

I have tried refining the edges, but it doesn't work with hair well. It's a medium/closeup, so it's very noticable. Do I have to mask it? I could upload the clip if it helps.

I'm not super familiar with After Effects. I can use it, but I'm not an expert by a long shot. So I'm asking for you to explain it in a pretty detailed way. I figure this isn't easy, but not insane either. Thanks for any help in advance.

Austin H

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Rotoscoping Real Time Character into a Time Lapse
by on May 20, 2015 at 12:00:12 pm

This will help:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved