ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Work Activity

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew BeallAE Work Activity
by on May 15, 2015 at 7:47:14 pm

I have client that wants to know exactly how many hours/minutes a project has taken. Does AE have a timer or something that gives me a better gauge of time worked on a project, as opposed to just looking at timestamps on filenames..?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE Work Activity
by on May 15, 2015 at 8:31:30 pm

No. You could use a script [link] to track your time, or you could use a separate application, or even just a paper log -- but these must be done as you go, not after the fact. If you're a time-billing freelancer, accurately tracking your time is something you should be used to.

When I track time, the most granular I'll ever get is an hour. Asking about a project in terms of minutes seems a little intense.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: AE Work Activity
by on May 15, 2015 at 10:41:15 pm

I have used Easy Time Tracking for several years now:

You can get started with the free version, and see whether it fits your work style, then buy the full version for $49.99, or subscribe for $24.99 a year. I bought the full version. It allows me to track my time (I don't bill my clients from within the program, but you can), and I can create categories whithin my projects, so I can see exactly the amount of time which goes into pre-pro, production, post, etc.. It can be a real eye opener! ETT is a small company, so you can actually contact the programmer if you have questions or problems.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: AE Work Activity
by on May 15, 2015 at 11:02:07 pm

I'm a big fan of
It's free version has all I need. And the desktoptracker asks me to keep the time or not that I was away from my desk...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved