ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Heavy render time using cineware in After Effects CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crasse deuxHeavy render time using cineware in After Effects CC
by on May 14, 2015 at 4:02:48 pm

Hi there !

I'm working on a project on AE and i'm using Cineware to import 2 3D objects in my after effects scene.
Those 2 objects are really simple meshes with simple white kind of plastic texture, no GI or any other time consuming post effects in C4D, basicly it takes 4 to 5 seconds to render a frame with these objects in C4D.
However when I import them into my AE scene using cineware, AE take more than a minute to render each frame (when I select the "final" render quality in cineware).
without the cineware layer (and so without my 3D objects in the scene), it takes 10 secondes to AE to render a frame of my scene.

Is it normal ?

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Heavy render time using cineware in After Effects CC
by on May 14, 2015 at 6:20:12 pm

Try to create a new composition and import only the .c4d. See if those different render times continue...

If not, try to pinpoint whats causing the difference. Maybe you're using multiple instances of the render(pre comped?), or ram issues?

Either way, what you're describing isn't normal in my experience.

Return to posts index

crasse deuxRe: Heavy render time using cineware in After Effects CC
by on May 15, 2015 at 9:58:17 am

Hi !

thanks for the answer !

in fact i'm using 3 instances of the c4d project into my scene because i have 2 multipass.
But right now I render separatly the c4d part in c4d and the AE part in AE, as I usely do, i'm just using cinewar to compose correctly the 3D and the 2D and it works quite good this way.

I don't think i have ram problem, i never had before (i'm working on a i7-4770k, 16GB ram and GTX660, all applications on SSD) but I think i've found one of my problem.

I found it weird that just by adding the cineware to my scene was increasing a lot render time in AE, even if there is none of my 3D meshes in the scene (they appear around frame 650), but i found out that since frame 0, I got a plan in my 3D scene which i use to cast drop shadows, and so I mask it with multipass in cineware layers, but anyway C4D was calculating it, and it was masked right after in AE, so I didn't pay attention to it. Pretty stupid setup i made there. So problem corrected, and i'll try another render with the whole scene in AE (not separately)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved