ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color Grading - Adjusting Specific Colors?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan ShinholtColor Grading - Adjusting Specific Colors?
by on May 14, 2015 at 2:21:45 pm

Is there a simple way to adjust the hue or saturation of specific colors in a shot? For instance, I don't want to make all of the mids a little more blue or red using curves--I want to make the parts of the image that are already blue, like the sky, a little more blue. Is there a way to do this without having to use complicated keying or masking effect?

I've seen tutorials for Colorista and the HSL Color Wheel which I believe gives you the control that I'm looking for. My issue is that I'm on school computer and can't download new things without administrative privileges. Is there and equivalent effect in After Effects CC or Premiere?

Return to posts index

Patrick TaylorRe: Color Grading - Adjusting Specific Colors?
by on May 15, 2015 at 6:18:34 am

Try to get your administrators to let you download and install the lite (free) version of Davinci Resolve, though you will need to make sure that the school computer can run it efficiently. But if they will allow it, and it runs ok, the Hue vs Hue and the Hue vs Sat controls will be your friend for the effect you're wanting.

-Pat Taylor

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Color Grading - Adjusting Specific Colors?
by on May 15, 2015 at 12:44:24 pm

[Nathan Shinholt] "Is there a simple way to adjust the hue or saturation of specific colors in a shot?"

The built-in Hue/Saturation effect has an often-overlooked Channel Range control which limits the effect to a range of colors. Use the "Channel Control" option to select Blues, then tweak hue and saturation as you like.

If you need a more fully-featured solution, After Effects ships with Color Finesse.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]