ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re-Rendering NTSC to PAL

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Farhan Ali
Re-Rendering NTSC to PAL
on May 11, 2015 at 3:14:25 pm
Last Edited By Farhan Ali on May 11, 2015 at 3:38:17 pm

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a project where I will be working with different resolution elements. My end product will be 1080p HD standalone, no DVD's or BluRay disc. But during the creation of the project I will be able to render NTSC 29.97 (FPS). By rendering most of the project files in NTSC 29.97 (FPS) and then compiling all the files together and re-rendering them altogether will it affect the end result?

So basically I'm rendering projects in NTSC 29.97 (FPS) and then compiling them rendering them altogether based for 1080p HD.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Re-Rendering NTSC to PAL
on May 11, 2015 at 4:44:23 pm

I would do the entire project in 29.97. Everything.
Once the project is done, THEN use frame rate conversion software like Twixtor to make it 25fps.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on May 11, 2015 at 6:54:22 pm

Hello Dave thanks for you're response, I will be rendering all my projects in 29.97 but will have to be done in NTSC
Only 2 small projects have been rendered using PAL 25 hopefully they won't cause any issues later in the compiling stage. Also, when it comes to rendering I tend to opt for: MPEG2 BluRay changing few settings (Quality, VBR 2 Pass, Use Maximum Render Quality) and tick "Export Video" & "Export Audio".

Are the above settings appropriate for my final end project?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 11, 2015 at 8:01:04 pm

[Farhan Ali] “Only 2 small projects have been rendered using PAL 25 hopefully they won't cause any issues later in the compiling stage.”

Oh, but they will! They too should be 29.97 if you need them in the compilation for some reason. Otherwise, they should be added to the project AFTER you have converted everything else to 25.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on May 11, 2015 at 9:57:47 pm

OK Dave I will try and render the 2 project files again.
What will happen if I was to render NTSC 29.97 in HD 1080p and play it on PAL TV? The end result will not be on DVD/BluRay Disc just stand alone media file. It should still work on PAL TV's?

The reason why I asked is because I don;t want to lose any quality of my end result.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 11, 2015 at 11:03:53 pm

If you creating something for playback at 25P, all your 29.97 footage must be converted to 25P. At the end, just before you declare the project finished.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]