ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Transforming kind of particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Manuel Palomino DomínguezTransforming kind of particles
by on May 11, 2015 at 2:01:13 pm

Hi, i will try my best english. Im starting a project in after effects. I want a dove releasing quills wich, at the same time, becomes in very little faded spheres or stars. Is it possivel? I know it is, but my knowledge of AE isnt enough for doing it by myself. Tank you in advance!!

How would i star. I hve the dove flying with the alpha channel. I tracked her with a light wich will be the emitter. Then i created a new solid and i used particular as the effect for creating the quills, i created a png with a quill wich will be the texture of the particles. But, how the quills will become in littles glowing spheres or stars. The point is, the dove is magic cause she represent Jesus. Its the aperture for a religious program of TV.

Tank you in advance!!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Transforming kind of particles
by on May 11, 2015 at 9:43:03 pm

Two ideas come to mind:

1) Use a precomp (or movie) as the texture for the particles. Within that precomp, animate from the quill to the star.

2) Duplicate the particle layer, using a quill as the texture for one and a star as the texture for the other. Build a transition or wipe from one layer to the other.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel Palomino DomínguezRe: Transforming kind of particles
by on May 11, 2015 at 9:57:16 pm

Pretty smart idea. Thank you Walter!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved