ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change preview settings and column layout across all precomps?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Gruwier
Change preview settings and column layout across all precomps?
on May 11, 2015 at 11:10:46 am

I do a lot of work with .aep's that touch several different animators who have different preferences in how they have their columns set up in the timeline, and same with the preview settings. Some prefer to preview at half res with fast preview turned off, some prefer full res with fast preview on, etc. But these things are local settings that change per precomp, which means that every single time I dive into a precomp, I need to rearrange all of those things to work effectively.
Is there a way, like workspaces, to just reset the entire layout, including columns and preview settings? A script or something like that?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Change preview settings and column layout across all precomps?
on May 11, 2015 at 4:42:30 pm

Sure! Create and save a Custom layout. You can make as many as you want depending on what you want to do.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Change preview settings and column layout across all precomps?
on May 11, 2015 at 10:46:21 pm

Unfortunately there's no concept of something like a layout preset for the Timeline panel. We're looking into that kind of customizability for the near future, along with customizable button bars for viewer panels.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]