ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Saved frame from After Effects to Photoshop Layers but photoshop not showing adjustment layer effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arindam SenSaved frame from After Effects to Photoshop Layers but photoshop not showing adjustment layer effects
by on May 8, 2015 at 10:53:08 am

I saved my frame from After Effects to Photoshop layers but the effects that i had used on the adjustment layers inside after effects do not show up in photoshop. Am i missing something? I am using After Effects CC and Photoshop CS3

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Saved frame from After Effects to Photoshop Layers but photoshop not showing adjustment layer effects
by on May 8, 2015 at 11:56:34 am

[Arindam Sen] "I saved my frame from After Effects to Photoshop layers but the effects that i had used on the adjustment layers inside after effects do not show up in photoshop."

From the documentation on rendering and exporting still images [link]:

"A layered Photoshop file saved from After Effects may look different from the frame viewed in After Effects if the frame uses features that Photoshop doesn’t support."

Photoshop adjustment layers and effects processing are quite different than Ae's. You may have to rethink your approach here. What effects are you using on the Ae adjustment layer?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Arindam SenRe: Saved frame from After Effects to Photoshop Layers but photoshop not showing adjustment layer effects
by on May 9, 2015 at 3:11:17 am

I was using 2-3 curves with some glow effects. When i opened the photoshop file, the adjustment layers were there but without effects. As a workaround, i saved my curves settings in AE as .acv files and imported them inside photoshop on a new adjustment layer . But shouldn't effects like curves get imported without having to go through this workaround process?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]