ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I remove stabilization?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Sneed
How can I remove stabilization?
on May 7, 2015 at 5:04:48 pm

I have a handheld vide with a mic shadow, and I stabilized it as well the clean plates below so I could easily erase the image and everything lines up. The video is done but because of the stabilization the frame moves all around the composition and I just want it to go back to the way that it was and have the clean plate layer follow suit.

In the past I've taken the master file (pre stabilization) and have tracked it then linked that tracker motion to the stabilized image for it to follow but it's never perfect as some of the frame leaks in and out so I end up blowing up the image a little bit.

This seems like an easy fix but I just cannot figure it out, any help is appreciated thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How can I remove stabilization?
on May 7, 2015 at 6:18:25 pm

HOW did you stabilize it? Warp Stabilizer would not be a good choice for your job.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on May 7, 2015 at 6:27:13 pm

Stabilization applies a transform to the image, so you need to apply the inverse transform to remove it.

Warp Stabilizer was enhanced (I think in CC?) to become Warp Stabilizer VFX (Oooo!) and can be reversed with a second application of the effect. Under the Advanced twirl down you should find an "Objective" property that can be "Reversible Stabilization" or "Reverse Stabilization" among other options. You'd do your paint work in between these two instances of the effect.

Alternatively if you used the classic tracker/stabilize method the position transform gets applied to the anchor point property. You can apply the same transform to the position property to negate that.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Anthony Sneed
on May 7, 2015 at 9:03:06 pm

I did not use warp stabilizer, just "stabilize motion" and it's just the position that is moving.

Return to posts index

Anthony Sneed
on May 7, 2015 at 9:29:15 pm
Last Edited By Anthony Sneed on May 7, 2015 at 10:01:48 pm

Is there a way to just lock a moving frames position and have it not move? Seems simple

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]