ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Path Animation change

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary GlenwoodPath Animation change
by on May 7, 2015 at 4:08:49 pm

Hey,

Wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to achieve having multiple objects follow a path on a loop, while animating the shape of the path. I am able to get the objects to follow the path, and loop this action using expressions. But I don't have the slightest clue how to animate the change in path to point to a different area. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Path Animation change
by on May 7, 2015 at 6:37:53 pm

One way would be to animate them going on a straight line and use Puppet Tools, Bezier Warp, Mesh Warp, and/or other distortion effects to make it fit the shapes you want.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gary GlenwoodRe: Path Animation change
by on May 7, 2015 at 7:19:39 pm

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure if this would do the trick however, as using mesh warp/puppet tools would cause the spheres following the trail to warp out of shape, and I don't believe you can use mesh tools on an animated Null path.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Path Animation change
by on May 7, 2015 at 7:29:13 pm

You could work on it so that they wouldn't warp too badly, but it's not ideal.

And you're right, you can't use that on an animation path. Everything would have to be precomposed.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]