ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need u-rgent h-elp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rasmus Lindholt
Need u-rgent h-elp
on May 6, 2015 at 5:43:53 pm

Hey, i need urgent help with after effects cc 2014. Whenever i import a video it looks like the image i attached. This is a .MOV file. Other filetypes like .mp4 and .avi files does the same thing. I am making a movie for my final exams and really need help solving it.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Need u-rgent h-elp
on May 6, 2015 at 6:26:10 pm

Have you ever installed any codec packs? K-Lite and some of the others have been known to cause some massive issues with professional video software.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Rasmus Lindholt
on May 6, 2015 at 6:31:47 pm

In control panel, remove programs, i dont have anything named "codec" or k-lite. But i remember installing some codec's a long time ago. I am tho not sure if I removed them or not.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 6, 2015 at 6:39:28 pm

What does the video look like in an application OTHER than AE?

Michael's right about that K-Lite. It's a nasty bugger for AE. You'll have to track down the codecs you installed.

And here's a dismal thought: that K-lite installation is so insidious that you may have to a complete system re-install just to get rid of it. Pray you don't have to go that far.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rasmus Lindholt
on May 6, 2015 at 6:48:17 pm

Quicktime player does the same thing. Vlc on the other hand plays withhout any problems(as always).

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 6, 2015 at 6:39:39 pm

Well, something is screwing it up...

Do the files open and play properly in Premiere?
How about in Windows Media Player?

Reboot your machine. Start a brand new project. Import a video. See if it behaves.

What, exact, version number of AE do you have? It'll be 13.x.x.x if you're using CC 2014.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Rasmus Lindholt
on May 6, 2015 at 6:51:56 pm

Premiere pro does the same thing.
media player cannot play the file at all(unsupported filetype).
I have restarted several times.
AE version is 13.0.0.214

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 6, 2015 at 6:59:07 pm

First, try updating your AE. You are several bug fix updates behind (AE should be 13.2.0.49).

Although, if QuickTime has similar issues, you've almost definitely got a codec problem somewhere! This isn't good news. You will need to try to hunt it down and remove it. And, as Dave says, you may need to wipe the whole system and start from scratch.

However, let's try to avoid such drastic measures right now. You can do that over the summer once you get your finals done.

What version of QuickTime do you have installed? I'd suggest uninstalling whatever it is and then install version 7.x That may help. (Probably not, but it's worth a shot.)

Does VLC let you re-encode videos? If so, try a JPG, PNG, or TIF sequence. Those should work in AE without a problem.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Rasmus Lindholt
on May 6, 2015 at 7:10:29 pm

I just reinstalled quicktime an hour ago, so thats not the problem.
I thought id export as TIFF file with media encoder, but that lead me to another problem BSOD (blue screen of death). That has also happened for me the last few days while using any adobe product.. Im beginning to loose hope for my PC..

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 6, 2015 at 7:12:31 pm

If VLC plays the movie fine, it may re-encode it.
But yeah, it sounds like your machine may need to be wiped. Hopefully after finals week though...

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]