ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effect Opening Project is Extremly Long

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Dune
After Effect Opening Project is Extremly Long
on May 5, 2015 at 1:20:00 am

Hi All,

I have a problem to open an After Effect project. It takes more than 40 minutes to open it.

The project is big with 40Go of imported files.

Sometimes the file takes only 10 sec to open.

I tried to reset AE preferences, configured a disk cache, removed unused files and the consolidated project.

Is it normal to take 40 minutes to open a big project ?

Please Help !

Configuration : Win7 64bits, Processor Intel i7 3.40Ghz, 32 Go RAM

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After Effect Opening Project is Extremly Long
on May 5, 2015 at 2:10:21 pm

40 minutes is a long time to open a project.
Have you noticed a pattern of when it takes 10 seconds versus when it takes 40 minutes?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on May 5, 2015 at 2:20:02 pm

Also, tell us more information about your computer, storage, where media is stored, and the version of AE you are using.

Return to posts index

Bob Dune
on May 5, 2015 at 2:35:36 pm
Last Edited By Bob Dune on May 5, 2015 at 2:53:31 pm

Thanks for your answers. I finnaly resolved the problem. The video files were located on 2 network drives. I put all the files on the same network drive and now it takes 2 sec to open the project. I think there was a problem accessing the network drive. Thanks for your help !

Software Version : CS6

Return to posts index

Bob Dune
on Jul 30, 2015 at 12:33:33 pm
Last Edited By Bob Dune on Jul 30, 2015 at 12:52:40 pm

Hi everybody,

Unfortunately it happen again with all of my AE projects. I notice it happen when I send a lot of 3D rendering jobs on the network with 3ds Max using Backburner. The computer with after effect is only running the Backburner manager to send jobs on others computers.

The files are on a Synology NAS but i used sometimes network path and sometime the mapped drive path ("\\NAS_NAME\" vs "V:\"). Maybe it's the problem.

I have more than hundred projects to edit and it takes hours to load for each files. Before today opening the projects took less than 10 seconds.

I used to run after effect simultaneously with Backburner manager without problems.

Any idea ?

Configuration :

Windows 7
After CS6
Processor i7 4770
Nvidia GTX760 1.5 Go
32 Go RAM DDR3

When the problem append it the same on every computers of the network (all the the computers have the same configuration. I tried to shut down every computers and the NAS. Then I restart only one computer and the NAS containg the files without result.

Return to posts index

Bob Dune
on Jul 30, 2015 at 3:34:41 pm
Last Edited By Bob Dune on Jul 30, 2015 at 7:48:48 pm

I really can't understand this :

I wait hours to open one project. I changed nothing in it (Just save a new version). Now I can reload it in less than 10 seconds. I just save incremental the project and the file size changes (13'850 Ko to 13'851 Ko).

Before saving version the file took hours to open on every computers. Now I can open it quickly on every computers.

So I need to open all my files one time again to resolve the problem. But the problem is coming back randomly on all files.

I try to import project in empty project. Same problem : it's extremely long to load.

I don't understand why all my projects are suddenly slow to open. And why the file size change when i just save it incremental.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]