ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blending Mode effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason McKee
Blending Mode effect?
on May 4, 2015 at 7:04:45 pm

May be a dumb question but is there a blending mode effect that is a good replacement for the blending modes in the timeline? The reason for this is imagine having screened layers with effects on them that I would like to pre comp and then add more effects to and re-screen them over the image. when precomping you need to hit the collapse transformation button to get it back to how you had it before but then when adding an effect onto the pre comp it won't allow you to use a blending mode. thus the blending mode effect question. there's probably a better approach but I'm all ears. thx in advance

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Blending Mode effect?
on May 4, 2015 at 7:33:43 pm

One trick I use is when I have a continuously rasterized precomp and want to use blending modes, I'll apply an Expression Control effect(basically a blank effect) and that re-activates the blending modes.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jason McKee
on May 4, 2015 at 8:36:00 pm

that makes sense. can you show your exact process as I am very limited when it comes to expressions. thx

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 4, 2015 at 10:11:31 pm

You don't need to create an expression. Just go to your Effects/Expression Controls/any one of them and apply it to your precomp that has continuous rasterize turned on. Blending modes re-activate.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jason McKee
on May 5, 2015 at 8:41:03 am

Awesome! Thank you. That did it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]