ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Opening AE CC 12 files in CS 5.5.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Carter
Opening AE CC 12 files in CS 5.5.
on May 1, 2015 at 10:11:38 pm

Please try to bear with me here. I don't have to use After Effects very much and I don't have the money right now to pay for the creative cloud or buy any new products right now.

I have a template that I need to edit. It's originally in AE CC 12. The only problem is I only have 5.5 on my laptop where I need to work on it the most. Will CC 12 open in CS6? Does anyone know if there are any CS6 free trials still available? Does anyone know a good place where I could post the file and see if someone could save it down for me?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Opening AE CC 12 files in CS 5.5.
on May 1, 2015 at 11:17:10 pm

There are free trials of both CS6 and CC on the Adobe web site. You have to hunt for them. I haven't looked, so I don't know exactly where they are.

Or you could get a template that opens in CS 5.5..................

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lindsay Carter
on May 1, 2015 at 11:27:35 pm

I've looked all over the Adobe website and I only found trials of some CS6 products but I didn't find one for AE. I found the software download for CS6 though. I even tried installing it anyways just to see if it would offer a free trial option and it needed a key so no trial option. I've talked to multiple people and none of them have been able to find it for AE CS6 even with a cloud membership. Only finding CS6 for only a handful of products.

I don't have the option of getting the file in 5.5 from the source.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 2, 2015 at 3:26:38 pm

Well then, it sounds like it's time to find an acquaintance who runs CS6. Not the easiest option, but it would work......

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]