ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

aerender on windows 2012

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaunty Edward
aerender on windows 2012
on May 1, 2015 at 6:51:53 am

Hi,

I am trying to setup AE on windows 2012, its done working smoothly and rendering too. What I have not been able to do is render via AERender. I am not sure if its a windows issue or AE issue. Also, please note that Adobe does not claim windows 2012 as a supporting system but the rendering is working properly. Please help me make render via aerender. Following is the error that I get:

aerender.exe : The term 'aerender.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ aerender.exe -project C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2014\Support ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (aerender.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command aerender.exe was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShe
ll does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type ".\aerender.exe"
. See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.

Please help.

Regards,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: aerender on windows 2012
on May 1, 2015 at 3:12:45 pm

Windows 2012 must be a bran-new operating system! I'm familiar with Win 7, Win 8, and even the forthcoming Win 10, but not Win 2012!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: aerender on windows 2012
on May 1, 2015 at 3:36:18 pm

This tells you what to do:

[Jaunty Edward] "Suggestion [3,General]: The command aerender.exe was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type ".\aerender.exe". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details."

You're using PowerShell, not cmd.exe, so if you want to run the file, start your command with:
.\aerender.exe

instead of just:
aerender.exe

followed by all your parameters.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]