ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stabilizing 360degree shot using multiple null objects that all have tracking data applied to them - questions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Snow
Stabilizing 360degree shot using multiple null objects that all have tracking data applied to them - questions
on May 1, 2015 at 3:15:18 am
Last Edited By John Snow on May 1, 2015 at 3:18:20 am

Hi everyone,

I have a shot that pans 360 degrees and it is a bit shaky and I want to stabilize the camera shake/rotation in the y direction. Because it is a panning shot I dont think I can stabilize in x direction. I have created multiple null objects and applied tracking data to all of them. This tracking data is in both x and y and is applied to each null object, Just like Andrew Kramer does in his set extension tutorial here is a link:

https://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/Set_Extensions.php

Anyways I am stuck at this point, I have my null objects with their tracking data, and they are all parented up properly just like in the tutorial that Andrew Kramer made but I dont know how to use this to stabilize my shot so that I eliminate the shakiness (the rotation and the vertical jittering/instability in the y). Any help is appreciated

Return to posts index

John Snow
Re: Stabilizing 360degree shot using multiple null objects that all have tracking data applied to them - questions
on May 1, 2015 at 4:03:57 am

Currently when I parent my footage to my first null object the footage drifts from the comp because my shot is a 360 degree pan shot. I have the tracking data for the relevant points (the x and y data) but I am not sure what to do next. I need only the y data. Im pretty sure I need to parent my footage somehow to achieve this just not sure how

Return to posts index

John Snow
Re: Stabilizing 360degree shot using multiple null objects that all have tracking data applied to them - questions
on May 1, 2015 at 11:28:27 pm

any ideas anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]