ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Would like opinion on my spec for PC , plus what graphic card would be best with i7-4790k, 4ghz

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria Mae
Would like opinion on my spec for PC , plus what graphic card would be best with i7-4790k, 4ghz
on Apr 29, 2015 at 11:08:24 pm

Would really appreciate help on suitable graphics card for Adobe AFter Effects and Premier Pro. I am looking into customising a PC desktop and am about to get one made with the spec below, but am unsure what graphics card to recommend. Have heard a dedicated Quadro card, a budget one will suffice?
I video edit, animate and use photoshop and illustrator. Really would have liked to try an iMac but this seems to be twice the price.

Plus have I over specked my wish list?

Intell 7- 4790k, 4Ghz, four core, with 32Gb of Ram, 2Tb storage (with 120Gb of SDD).
L3 cache 10gb?
64 bit.
Dedicated Quadro video card.
Asus H81m- plus motherboard.

(Please advise on one for animation and video. I will be using Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro and have heard about benefits of Cuda on 3d animation and rendering times).

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Would like opinion on my spec for PC , plus what graphic card would be best with i7-4790k, 4ghz
on Apr 30, 2015 at 2:02:44 pm

Unless you need a Quadro-specific feature (like 10-bit display support), you can get a high-spec GeForce card, get the same or better performance, and save some money.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Would like opinion on my spec for PC , plus what graphic card would be best with i7-4790k, 4ghz
on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:22:44 pm

It wouldn't hurt to get a larger SSD drive for caching, either. Depending on the amount and TYPE of editing you will do -- e.g. HD vs. 4K -- external storage may also be a VERY good thing to have. It could make the difference between editing smoothly and not editing at all.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Maria Mae
on Apr 30, 2015 at 11:25:51 pm

I mainly do HD videos, half an hour long that are intertwined throughout with psd and illustrator files. Do you still think I will need more SSD still? Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Return to posts index

Maria Mae
on Apr 30, 2015 at 11:19:45 pm

I mainly edit Hd instructional videos, with lots of psd and illustrator files intertwined throughout. Each video is about Half an hour and on my current computer I can wat 12 to 24 hours for it to export!
I am getting prices for a GeForce card too. You have confirmed something that I read on another forum.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on May 25, 2015 at 2:55:12 am

Hi! I've almost the same question.

I'm not a very techie person; I'm deciding on whether to continue using my old video card or buy a new one.

I bought a new computer with almost the same specs as Marie Mae's computer: Asus gaming board, i7 4790K, 32 gig ram, and a total of 4 terabytes of internal hard drive.

I've read somewhere that After Effects' Render Cue relies on the processor and RAM. How about RAM previews, does it rely on the video card for processing? Will both RAM preview and Render Cue benefit from a more powerful video card? Will it improve Ray-traced 3D in After Effects? I am using my old Asus GT730 with only 2gigabytes of RAM on my new computer. Thanks! God bless!

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]