ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problems with video after rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jodi PicoultProblems with video after rendering
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 3:45:06 pm

Hi everyone. I'm really sorry but I'm completely new to After Effects.
I've made a few videos earlier and rendered them at 1080 and they've worked completely fine.
However, there was this one video where the file was way too big (around 63 GB) as the preset was set to 'HDTV 1080 29.97'in Composition Settings. So, I decided to change the preset to a custom setting and I made the height 480 px instead. Afterwards, I had to scale down all my pictures, videos and text to fit the comp size. When I checked over the video using the RAM preview, everything was perfect. But when the video finished rendering and I had gone to check on it, the entire video had turned black and white and the video had sort of slanted and at the right, a triangle shape if you will, had been cut off and had been transferred to the left, if that makes sense. Could someone please help me fix this problem as soon as possible as the assignment is due tomorrow?
Again, I'm very sorry for my little knowledge and what little information I am able to provide. If anyone is confused by my explanation please do let me know.
Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Problems with video after rendering
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 4:21:50 pm

The large file size has more to do with the media container & codec used than the dimensions of the comp. I'd take that 63 gig file, put it in Adobe Media Encoder, and transcode to an mp4 in the h.264 codec. I bet the problem goes away.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved