ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Roto brush effect causes AE to quit and Render fails due to not enough RAM

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Izabela Gola
Roto brush effect causes AE to quit and Render fails due to not enough RAM
on Apr 28, 2015 at 6:12:06 pm

Hi all, there is two issues I would like to address that may be part of one:
1) Roto brush effect is very slow and it causes AE to quit unexpectedly every minute or way too often to the point that it is not possible to use the program

2) The render of a 3 min piece has failed due to "not enough RAM to render frames with an effect applied (Roto brush).

I wonder if the software just needs to be updated, reinstalled as there is certainly enough RAM on this computer (16GB of memory). I ma not able to see how much memory is available on computer perhaps because I am not the administrator?. Should I assign specific amount of RAM memory to the After Effects program?

I work with an external drive and there is 67GB available on that drive.
I checked After effects properties and the media cache folder is saved to the computer hard drive not to my disk.
Let me know if you have an advice and thank you,

Izabela

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Roto brush effect causes AE to quit and Render fails due to not enough RAM
on Apr 29, 2015 at 1:15:00 pm

16 GB is not a lot of RAM when it comes to After Effects, but I still doubt that's the issue. Did you freeze the Roto Brush?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Izabela Gola
Re: Roto brush effect causes AE to quit and Render fails due to not enough RAM
on Apr 30, 2015 at 1:50:13 am

Hey Michael!

Thank for getting back to me about this. I found on Adobe Creative forum that:
"The maximum amount of RAM that a 32-bit application (AE) can use is 4 GB, which is much less than the amount of RAM that can be installed in modern computers". I guess 16 GB on my computer should not be the case. I wonder if roto brush in AE has a bug.
I found a thread on Creative COw about the bug and it seems that it has been going on for three years!

I will post this issue to the Adobe bug reports to make sure that they are aware of the issue.

Anyone else is having similar problems?

Thank you Michael and let me know if you have any other thoughts on this. Still dealing with this

peace

Izabela

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]