The composition that includes assets that seem to be causing the problem is in 3D, with a camera. There's a portion where the camera zooms in, which causes a few of the 1920X1080 assets to extend beyond the composition window. Maybe this is the problem? However, I have found that these error messages come up at different frames at different times. Sometimes they render ok, sometimes they don't. But I can't get a full render of the entire allotted render space.
I wasn't having any problems until I applied CC Light Burst 2.5 to one of my assets yesterday, accidentally typing in a number for the intensity and ray length that was HUGE. This caused after effects to freeze, although I was able to save. I went back into after effects and deleted the CC Light Burst Effect from that particular asset, but am still having render problems.
1. A lot of these error messages are gibberish to me. Does anyone know if there is a way to interpret these error messages to locate the problem within my After Effects project quickly?
2. If it turns out that the CC Light Burst 2.5 effect was the problem that kicked this all off, while I have to my knowledge deleted this effect from the layer I had it placed on, could it still somehow be active?
3. Is there a way to search for an effect and see which layers in your composition are currently utilizing that effect? Maybe I placed the CC Light Burst on another layer by accident and didn't realize it.
Thanks for the support guys. This forum is a life-saver!
Re: Dreaded "Unable To Allocate Enough Memory To Render" error message. by Tommy Dimmel on Apr 30, 2015 at 7:43:39 pm
A little update here. I was using After Effects 13.2 when I originally had this problem, and then reverted to 13.1. Initially, this provided me with a few solid renders without any problems. But, the problems started popping up again. I troubleshooted in every which way: scanning through potentially problematic layers and effects, changing their sizes and removing them respectively, all to no avail. I read all about achieving optimum memory and performance and tried every suggestion and permutation thereof, also to no avail.
What I ended up trying last night that DID work was to instead render in Adobe Media Encoder, using the H.264 codec. I'm assuming that if I can render the same scene once and have it work, then render the exact same scene again and have it not work, and back and forth and so on, that there must be a bug somehow in the mix between After Effects, OSX Yosemite, and perhaps some of my 3rd party plugins. Especially since the error messages I was receiving were, in fact, erroneous in and of themselves: being told that I didn't have enough memory available, when I clearly had more than enough. I was also getting bizarre, random error messages saying that certain assets within my project were "not a valid document" ( 51 :: 19 ), when these files were, of course, perfectly valid documents that never give me problems.
Either way, the fact that Adobe Media Encoder provided me a solid render last night makes me happy. I can press on!