ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to do this with just AE and a Green Screen (Picking up objects)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Shank
How to do this with just AE and a Green Screen (Picking up objects)
on Apr 22, 2015 at 3:36:06 pm

In this video:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOOmXTxwWG4&feature=iv&src_vid=cq18I1Zd5ks&annotation_id=annotation_557693)

Freddie Wong picks up objects in the backgrounds of other videos and moves them around.

I have two sticking points:

1. How does he rotate the objects?

2. How does the background appear behind them?

I know he films himself in front of a green screen and then just rotoscopes the person in the video in front of him to place himself there. In the video description it says all he uses are AE and a green screen.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: How to do this with just AE and a Green Screen (Picking up objects)
on Apr 22, 2015 at 8:34:01 pm

as for manipulating the objects, the easy way would be to add them to the scene... ex, the shot where he steals the violin, the violin was probably not in the shot, and he simply added it when he added himself in the shot. or if the violin was in the shot, he removed it and then added his own prop violin.

as for adding himself into the shots, he most likely would have rotoscoped a mask around the person in the foreground and then used that mask as a track matte for the keyed footage of himself so it looked like he was behind the person in the foreground.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jon Shank
on Apr 22, 2015 at 9:07:01 pm
Last Edited By Jon Shank on Apr 22, 2015 at 10:44:11 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

It's like you said after looking at the videos. He replaced them with his own prop. My question now then is how did he remove the original?

Just painstaking rotoscoping? And how did he fill in the background (like when he lifts the friends box off the shelf.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Apr 23, 2015 at 10:42:40 pm

i'd try to grab a still frame from the webcast, take that to photoshop to remove the item. then when i'm compositing myself into the shot, i'd drop the touched-up background in there too.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jon Shank
on Apr 23, 2015 at 10:47:18 pm

And because the rotoscope on the person is already done the background seamlessly fits... Awesome! Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]