ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating Fire!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie mcdonald
Creating Fire!!
on Apr 22, 2015 at 8:58:25 am

Hi everyone.

I have played around with a few fire tutorials but, to date, have not managed to create the fire silhouette look that I am hoping for - as seen in the following

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/320/7/a/fire_owl_by_stelemire-d5l7jn...

Any advice would be great.

Regards

Jay

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Creating Fire!!
on Apr 22, 2015 at 3:16:31 pm

That is a beautiful image. Your best bet is to take footage of fire and warp it to fit the shape you want.

Alternatively, you can use particle effects along with CC Vector Blur and other effects to get the look you want.

There are many ways to do fire in AE [link].

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 22, 2015 at 4:19:54 pm

I'm with Michael: shoot your own. As long as you use your accelerants and combustables safely, messing with fire is fun.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jamie mcdonald
on Apr 23, 2015 at 12:43:48 pm

Thanks for the advice. As a follow-up question, is it possible to draw around an Owl image (not just the outline, but with the details of the head/wings etc) and then place that on top of a layer of fire, so that it looks like it has been drawn by a 'fire' pen. When I create layers, I am only able to draw around shapes to create an outline stencil and therefore miss much of the detail.

Regards - and thanks in advance.

Jamie

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Apr 23, 2015 at 1:26:05 pm

The owl image you showed, seemed to use something similar to the Find Edges effect on the face and detail areas and then fire photos for the wings.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]