ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need an effect like beam, but with option to grow lines from one end to the other instead of from the middle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ali mindyourownbusiness
Need an effect like beam, but with option to grow lines from one end to the other instead of from the middle
on Apr 21, 2015 at 12:52:18 am

I need to do a connecting network animation. Problem with the beam effects is the length adjustment only scales it from the center out. I need it to scale from one end to the other to simulate growing networks. Right now I'm just using paths with a stroke, but it is a weak substitute that doesn't work well in 3d space, doesn't move dynamically if I want to change the points they're connected to, and if I want to zoom in on it, I can't use continuous rasterization without it changing the line size.

I need all these things and the beam effect would be great if it just grew from one end to the other instead of from the center. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Need an effect like beam, but with option to grow lines from one end to the other instead of from the middle
on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:02:58 am

Try the Time property of the Beam effect.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Mike Watts
Re: Need an effect like beam, but with option to grow lines from one end to the other instead of from the middle
on Apr 21, 2015 at 6:36:16 am

*facepalm* I swear I tried that but I guess not. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]