ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Upscaling comp to 4k without ruining camera moves / z-depth - Advise welcome!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Wells
Upscaling comp to 4k without ruining camera moves / z-depth - Advise welcome!!!!
on Apr 18, 2015 at 7:19:53 pm

My designers are trying desperately to recreate a project that was built in HD, scaling up to 4K. Remaking vector files etc. and general minor tweaks were anticipated. As usual, deadline is pressing.

However, only after archiving back in, did they encounter the HUGE issue that all the camera's movements and relative positions in z-space have been thrown totally out when upscaling from HD to 4K. I guess the relative depths do not proportionally rescale.

Any advice or quick fixes? Urgent response welcomed and good karma sent you way in return!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Upscaling comp to 4k without ruining camera moves / z-depth - Advise welcome!!!!
on Apr 20, 2015 at 2:43:45 am

Was the Scale Composition script that ships with AE used to do the scaling? I'm pretty sure that accounts for 3d layers, depth and camera moves.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Adam Wells
Re: Upscaling comp to 4k without ruining camera moves / z-depth - Advise welcome!!!!
on Apr 20, 2015 at 7:27:32 pm

Hi Darby,

Think it's pretty much sorted. Apparently this helped scale and position the layers, but the camera moves themselves were still a bit all over the place so needs tweaking by hand. Cheers for the advise though.

Adam.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]