ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Plexus / Low Poly Face Tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dre Nnamdi
Plexus / Low Poly Face Tracking
on Apr 18, 2015 at 6:24:49 am

Hey Guys,
I'm Dre, I have a project that I'm working on for a client, we are currently in pre production. And its a very artistic video for a digital artist. I just have a little issue, We want to create a low poly or plexus effect on he's face while editing the video, so through out part of the video while he's walking in the street he would have a low poly or plexus kind of effect and also some buildings around him would have some low poly stuff going on, so its sort of like reality meet spacey digital vibe,

dose anyone you know how we might be able to achieve the low poly face effect in motion/video.?

Kind Regards
http://www.drennamdi.com/
Dre Nnamdi.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Plexus / Low Poly Face Tracking
on Apr 18, 2015 at 3:59:23 pm

Have you looked at AE's Mosaic effect?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
on Apr 18, 2015 at 4:42:05 pm

I'd go with Dave's suggestion unless you plan to do a lot of tracking, more than needed to apply just the mosaic effect (heavily tweaked of course). You'll have to track things to get the mosaic effect onto your actor's face as well as the surface of the buildings you want to "digitize". You might look into Row Byte's TV distortion effects as well http://www.rowbyte.com/products/tv-distortion-bundle/ You can find individual copies of these effects on aescripts.com.

If you truly indeed want to use Plexus, assuming you already own the $200 plugin, you'll need to track individual points on your actor's face (maybe wait for the new version of AE to drop, which has this built into it). You could also try Motion Botiques ConnectLayers http://aescripts.com/connect-layers/ which also draws lines from 3d track points, and costs a fraction of what Plexus costs (it's actually a suggested $40 price).

Good luck!

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

Dre Nnamdi
on Apr 19, 2015 at 12:31:33 am

Hey Jason,
Thanks for the advice i really do appreciate it a lot, yea most defiantly ill looking to rawbytes plugins since they are cheaper.
do you think ConnectLayers can track him even while he 's walking (in the video) ?

Return to posts index

Dre Nnamdi
on Apr 18, 2015 at 11:29:23 pm

Hey Dave,
Thanks for the tip, no i havent actually tried it, but now you've suggested that I'm going to try that out.

Thanks A Lot

Dre

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
on Apr 19, 2015 at 2:01:59 am

You would track him with Mocha or whatever tracker you prefer, then use the tracking data to create nulls. ConnnectLayers connect lines between the nulls and will even fill in the triangles with the color of your choice, or even a color map. Plexus can do this for the most part, but it takes some finesse to set it up right.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]