ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframing effects in AE on imported Premiere Pro sequences

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dre Mark
Keyframing effects in AE on imported Premiere Pro sequences
on Apr 17, 2015 at 8:25:17 pm

...I can't get imported Premiere Pro sequences in AfterEffects to keyframe effects.

For instance, I have an imported PP sequence that I want to gradually blur while other AE magic is going on. Once keyframes are set from 0% blur to 100% blur and I RAM preview, the effect does nothing until it hits 100%, and it just switches on full-force. (I've tried several different effects, and they all do the same thing, so it's not just the blur effect).

I don't have this issue with regular video clips, but in this instance, I need to work with PP sequences that are edited just the way I need them.

Any insight?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keyframing effects in AE on imported Premiere Pro sequences
on Apr 17, 2015 at 10:25:05 pm

Hounds like you've inadvertantly used hold keyframes. Highlight the keyframes, right-click on one and navigate to the "toggle hold keyframes" command. It will change them to normal keyframes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dre Mark
Re: Keyframing effects in AE on imported Premiere Pro sequences
on Apr 21, 2015 at 2:52:25 pm

Thanks Dave. The problem seems to be having the project open on Premiere and open in AfterEffects at the same time. Once I quite out of PP, I was able to work with the PP sequences in AE with no keyframe issues.

In fact, now if I have both programs open, AE freezes & won't let me work on the project until I quit out of the PP project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]