ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering Doubts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matu TiemersmaRendering Doubts
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 6:02:27 am

Hello, I am having some difficulties with rendering lately. I've read some posts about rendering, so I thought about couple of questions.

How do I know if my footage settings are "aligned" with my render settings ( example: bit rate).

Should I directly export my movie from AE to AME and then export in h264 format? If not, should I export movie first in avi file "loseless" settings then export to AME?

In AME how good is the YouTube 720hd preset?

Any other tip for rendering is really appreciate it. Thanks in Advance!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Rendering Doubts
by on Apr 17, 2015 at 1:33:37 am

[Matu Tiemersma] "How do I know if my footage settings are "aligned" with my render settings ( example: bit rate)."

If your compressed output looks hideously blocky, your bit rate is too low.

The AME presets are a good reference for reasonable bit rate choices.

[Matu Tiemersma] "Should I directly export my movie from AE to AME and then export in h264 format? If not, should I export movie first in avi file "loseless" settings then export to AME?"

Either way will work. I generally do the latter, so I have both a mastering quality intermediate and a compressed deliverable.

[Matu Tiemersma] "In AME how good is the YouTube 720hd preset?"

I think the presets are all pretty good. Do you have a specific problem or concern?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Matu TiemersmaRe: Rendering Doubts
by on Apr 17, 2015 at 2:53:13 am

Thank you so much for answering this post, I really appreciate it.

[Walter Soyka]"Do you have a specific problem or concern"

I've heard that rendering your footage to .avi really messes up the quality of the video is that correct? And after I finish render my comp to .avi I end up with a really heavy file size, and I can't even play it correctly ( player gets stuck from time to time). Do you think there is something wrong with my first render to an .avi file?

I have 16GB Ram, and a NVdivia 840m card.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Rendering Doubts
by on Apr 17, 2015 at 3:41:48 am

[Matu Tiemersma] "I've heard that rendering your footage to .avi really messes up the quality of the video is that correct?"

Not necessarily. AVI is just a container; the codec used within the AVI is what impacts your video quality. Using the lossless preset on Windows gives you an AVI with no quality loss.

[Matu Tiemersma] "And after I finish render my comp to .avi I end up with a really heavy file size, and I can't even play it correctly ( player gets stuck from time to time). Do you think there is something wrong with my first render to an .avi file?"

AE's default lossless output module generates an intermediate file that is designed for additional post-production use, not direct playback. These files are generally huge, with very high data rates, and very few computers can play them back in real time without stuttering. For more, see this Adobe FAQ [link]: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a media player?

To help you choose the format most suitable for your needs, see the related Adobe FAQ [link]: What is the best format for rendering and exporting from After Effects?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Matu TiemersmaRe: Rendering Doubts
by on Apr 18, 2015 at 6:32:07 pm

Sorry to bother you again Walter, but I finally realized what ruined my quality. When I upload my file to youtube, youtube does something with it so it can reproduce faster, this process ruins my quality, I don't think there is something I can do to avoid that. I know Vimeo is really good for that, but I have to upload my file to youtube.

Any tips on how to prevent that? Have you ever heard of this?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]