ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

DVD Menu Transitions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alphonso MontgomeryDVD Menu Transitions
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 6:38:58 pm

Hello Everyone:

I have created a DVD motion menu - one main menu(rendered in MPEG-DVD) and a sub-menu(rendered in H.264) in After Effects. In actuality, the second menu is not a menu at all. It just masquerades as a menu to "introduce" the main video, The second video file is the exact duplicate of the main menu making it supposedly seem seamless before the main video starts. I've added an illustration for clarity.

The illustration below is when I attempt to "merge" the two, so to speak, by using the Pick-Wik (spelling?) to play the main menu first. Then the video file second.

After rendering both files in AE, these menus are to be processed in Encore, making it one menu - so when the user presses a button (in the main file), the other menu (video file - H.264) plays. The goal is to create a seamless and smooth transition from one video file to the another before the show starts.

My question is, has anymore figured out any techniques, if they exist, on making menu transitions smooth when playing in a DVD player (or playing it at all). I am noticing a small glitch (or slight pause) before the second video file plays.

Any ideas, suggestions or mistakes in either AE and/or Encore. I am open to any and all ideas.

Thank you in advance

P.S. Please forgive me if it's still unclear or confusing.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: DVD Menu Transitions
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 7:11:57 pm

I've tried that a bunch of ways, short answer, no in DVD's you will always get that hiccup as it finds the information.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Alphonso MontgomeryRe: DVD Menu Transitions
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 5:52:16 pm

Thank you so much for your response. You are right - it is that "hiccup" in finding the information that is so bothersome. I did notice that Encore needs to "find" that information before launching the particular file being linked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved